Quantum Defense (QD) is building unique and disruptive technologies that protect and safeguard sensitive communications, critical infrastructure in the Quantum era. We provide impermeable protections and safeguards against cyber threats using unique secure-by-design NIST Zero Trust practices.
This is a full time contract to hire position with tremendous potential for growth and learning. The successful candidate will be hardworking with a high degree of aptitude—a person able to take an idea or concept and turn it into a working solution. You are a team leader with a great attitude that works well with others. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record showing commitment to a high quality of work and a sense of urgency for deadlines. This position will be part of the software engineering management team within the CTO organization.
This position will be working within an agile delivery organization where product owners produce and prioritize business requests (features/stories) and the technology teams produce technology stories to implement those features and to deliver non-functional requirements. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the people are performing to their potential, the processes in use are as optimal as they can be and that any necessary changes are planned and executed as efficiently as possible. The ideal candidate will have experience building high performance teams, including recruiting, training, and development of streamlined processes.
- Manage a team of software engineers to develop and implement secure-by-design solutions
- Collaborate with other departments to identify the requirements and develop technical specifications, designs, and implementations for the solution
- Define and ensure the team adheres to industry-standard development practices, including Domain Driven Development, Secure By Design, and Agile practices.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that the solution meets high standards of quality and security.
- Ensure delivered solutions are highly performant, scalable, available, and easy to use.
- Foster a positive team environment and promote professional growth and development among team members.
- Evaluate the processes being used, identify any areas of improvement and effectively roll out changes when agreed to.
- 8-12+ years of experience in software development with a strong focus on cybersecurity and secure-by-design solutions
- 5+ years of experience in managing and leading software engineering teams
- Strong understanding of software development principles and how to produce high quality solutions
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to document requirements, user stories, specifications, and designs
- A servant leader approach to managing teams
- Knowledge & experience in use of automated continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines, and testing frameworks including experience with test-driven development approach
- Understands the full SDLC and Agile methodologies
- A logical, analytical, and creative approach to problem-solving
- Can liaise effectively between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Familiarity with cloud-based technologies such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Knowledge of OWASP Top 10 or SANS 25
- Experience in team building and fostering a positive team environment
- Proficiency with Git and CI/CD pipeline tools (GitLab, GitHub)
- Experience with Agile management systems (Jira, YouTrack)
- System and web security concepts and cryptography
- Advocate for continuous improvement and continuous learning
- Ability to successfully lead and mentor others