Quantum Defense (QD) is building unique and disruptive technologies that protect and safeguard sensitive communications, critical infrastructure in the Quantum era. We provide impermeable protections and safeguards against cyber threats using unique secure-by-design NIST Zero Trust practices.
This is a full-time contract to hire position with tremendous potential for growth and learning. The successful candidate will be hardworking with a high degree of aptitude—a person able to take an idea or concept and turn it into a working solution. You are a team player with a great attitude that works well with others. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record showing commitment to a high quality of work and a sense of urgency for deadlines. This position will be part of the software engineering team within the CTO organization.
This position will play a significant role in the solutioning of new feature development and ensuring the solutions built are secure, and performant. The selected engineer will lead / mentor in the design, development, and integration of complex software solutions in a rapid-pace Agile environment.
The chosen engineer will help identify technical risks, support defect resolution, and report status to Agile program leads. This person will also assist in the creation / execution of unit, system, and integrations tests as need.
- Work within an agile team leading, individually contributing and aiding colleagues so the team succeeds.
- Collaborate with both the business and other team members to clarify the requirements and develop technical specifications, designs, and implementations.
- Ensure delivered solutions are highly secure, performant, scalable, available and easy to use.
- Develop solutions with a high level of automated tests to prove that the acceptance criteria have been met.
- Be seen to be an expert in one or more areas of full-stack development
- Be able to work through complex and intractable problems to deliver simple solutions that meet the needs of the business
- 8-12+ years knowledge, experience, and proficiency with:
- Languages: Rust, C / C++, Python
- Performance optimization and debugging
- Operating system and file system (Unix / Linux) knowledge
- Relational database development including, schema design & writing performant SQL statements
- A logical, analytical, and creative ability to resolve technical issues through debugging and troubleshooting
- Knowledge & experience in use of automated testing frameworks including experience with test-driven development approach
- Ability to understand and work with system and software security constructs
- Understands the full SDLC and Agile
- Ability to document and communicate requirements and specifications
- Can liaise effectively between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Familiarity with cloud-based technologies such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Knowledge of OWASP Top 10 or SANS 25
- Proficiency with Git and CI/CD pipeline tools (GitLab, GitHub)
- Experience with Agile management systems (Jira, Gitlab)
- Experience with creating and deploying containerized applications (Docker, Kubernetes)
- System and web security concepts and cryptography
- Experience with Domain-Driven-Design (DDD)
- Advocate for continuous improvement and continuous learning
- Knowledge and experience using IAM, and Directory Services (LDAP, Active Directory)